114/2086
Home / Stream /

Janes Walk, Front Street East at Parliament Street

Tumblr
IMG_7829.JPG Janes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell LightboxJanes Walk, Distillery LaneThumbnailsTIFF Bell Lightbox

Past and present @JanesWalkTO led by @JohnLorinc "A Meandering History of the Lower Don". Site of first parliament for Upper Canada, burned down in 1813 by American nail forces. Reconstructed but then disastrous fire in 1824, derelict until the 1838 third York jail in 1838. Building demolished in 1887, became gasification works with a rail spur for the Consumer Gas Company, until the early 1960s. Today, the historic location is a car wash and car rental parking lot, pending redevelopment. (Front Street East at Parliament Street, Toronto, Ontario) 20190504

Share This: Facebook Pinterest Twitter Google+
Author
daviding
Created on
Saturday 4 May 2019
Albums
Visits
772

0 comments